Feeling food stuck in throat

Hi everyone, im 11 weeks pregnant now and i constantly feel like food is stuck in my throat. Is this a normal pregnancy symptom? To those who have experienced this - how do you deal with it? It feels super uncomfortable..

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sounds like you either have indigestion or heartburn, which is quite common. I am in 15 weeks. Since 10 weeks, I always feel this icy feel at my throat and feels like food is not moving down my throat, instead feels like it’s coming up. Told my gynae at one of the appt and was prescribed antacids to take before bed. It really helps. Another way is to drink cold milk as it lines the throat/esophagus to prevent heartburn.

Read more
2y ago

I have the same feeling too. it's extremely uncomfortable. hope it gets better soon. I will try cold milk!

Yes I’ve had the same super uncomfortable stuck at throat sensation. It’s probably heartburn. But I feel it’s better than vomiting after every meal. It gets better from week 14 onwards. Maybe eat less portion with more frequency. Or try an apple after meal? I feel like normal when eating apple. Hang in there!

Read more

Same , i can no longer eat food at the same portion. Eat small meals and snacks throughout the day . Stop eating once u feel full , the most just dabao. Dont force urself to finish ur meal/ order lesser/ ask ur spouse to finish ur food fr u 😂 . I feel like this helped me w nausea too .

I try to walk around after each meal to help with the digestion and try not to eat spicy food. Hang in there!

Thank you everyone for sharing, great to know that this is normal. Will try the suggested tips, thank you!

I hope it gets better for you in the second trimester like it got better for me x

It’s most likely indigestion/heartburn. Yoghurt helps too! :)

Eat lesser and take gaviscon