Food to avoid in trimester 1

hi mommies. I just got pregnant... I was pregnant before but had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. What kind of food should I avoid to prevent another miscarriage? I really love pineapple and really want to have it, but my mom says I shouldn't. Honestly, it feels very torturous

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on your pregnancy, and I'm really sorry to hear about your previous miscarriage. It's completely understandable that you're feeling anxious about what to eat to keep your baby safe. When it comes to food to avoid in the first trimester, it's important to steer clear of unpasteurized dairy products, undercooked or raw meat, and fish that is high in mercury. It's also best to avoid deli meats and certain types of fish that are known to contain higher levels of mercury. As for pineapple, it's true that some people believe it can cause uterine contractions and potentially lead to miscarriage, but there isn't enough scientific evidence to support this. However, it's always better to be cautious and limit your intake of pineapple, especially in the first trimester. Instead of feeling torturous about not being able to have pineapple, you can try incorporating other fruits like berries, oranges, or apples into your diet. These fruits are packed with essential vitamins and nutrients that are great for both you and your baby. Remember to also stay hydrated and eat a well-balanced diet to support a healthy pregnancy. Take care of yourself, and don't hesitate to reach out to your healthcare provider if you have any concerns. Wishing you all the best on this journey! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

No pineapples please. Listen to your mom. No papaya, no pineapple, no raw food. Basically google any suspicious food before putting it inside your system because your body is doing an incredible job right now. You have to support your body too. So eat wisely 🙏🏻

first trimester all the vital organs are forming. try to tahan until second trimester then u eat ABIT curry or Assam or pineapple. ABIT not whole fruit bah

no pineapples and papayas. eat 2 eggs (including yolks) per day for general nutrients and lean beef for iron and high quality protein

suggest to avoid these food to stabilise the pregnancy - pineapples plus assam food, heaty food, tonic/ 补血汤, coconut water

3w ago

hihi, if it’s first trimester better to avoid to play it safe… can get gynae to give you some medicine to cope with the nausea or try some ginger related food or candy. Better monitor what triggers the nausea and stop the trigger accordingly..

Hi! I was told by my gynae to not eat, raw food and those with fresh herbs. Limit your caffeine as well. All the best!

At my first trimester, My dr told me no coconut and pineapple!

def no pineapples for now!!!

💕

💕