Really frustrated with my hubby... he likes to watch movies at home and my 5 year old son will watch with him... shows he watch are movies like fast and furious, mission impossible, Andy lau movies etc... I told him not to watch these kind of movies since my boy is around coz the shows sometimes have violence or obscene or intimate scene not suitable for a young boy... my hubby don't believe and say aiya he is still young... see also don't understand so no need to worry lag... now my 5 year old son honestly tell me he likes to see his female classmate bathing... oh my god really... any parent also got any advice how to solve this problem... I explain to my boy before that this is not right and even ask himself whether he likes to be seen naked by others and he said he will feel shy and scared but he voiced out again that he likes shame shame... faintz

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My husband does watch some action movies with my little girl too. However, he is very cautious about the content and will ask my girl if she can kiss "strangers or men" before marriage etc. I used to dislike it when he watch such movie in front of the children but come to realise he need his "me" time too especially we don't have any help and he need to do full time job while managing his own business at night. He can only watch while with the kids hence we make it into an "education" time with the kids as we can't stop them for watching such show when they are outside we might watch with them and guide them throughout the movie with the right value. As for your child, instead of questioning them you can ask him why he is interested in seeing his female classmate showering. Is it because he is curious about the difference in their body build and his. Then use that to guide him the right value to respect each other body. That's what I did and work for us. Hope it helps you.

Read more
VIP Member

be firm in your words when it comes to your son. Secondly you need to sit down and talk to your husband and let him know what your son had been telling you. it's actually alarming that he tells you that he likes to see girl bathing. please have a good talk and counsel your husband