Is it me or just my job?

Just ranting. I'm now 23 weeks pregnant and I work front line at a relative's eatery. I am very grateful and touched by many regular customers who would have small talks with me asking about my well-being every now and then just by them expressing their concerns, some even stopping me from walking about too much. While I have experienced this side of humanity, I do also have the unpleasant. Customers being rude or demanding, or some made me walk more rounds by not saying their requests all at once, customer whistling at me to get my attention.... etc etc. I'm not sure if it's me being too sensitive during pregnancy, but I do get pretty upset and would very much get affected for the rest of the day. I haven't talked to anyone yet, just thinking whether its me or is it just the nature of my job? Should I leave my job until after my little one is born?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You're the one who should decide whether it's better to stop or continue since you know your body capability. You may discuss with you husband or family regarding your job. As for you being sensitive, I think it's because of pregnancy hormon which often messing up our emotion 😅 also we feel tired easily now, right? So, doing things phisical can make us a bit emotional haha Stay healthy and do rest more 😉

Read more
3y ago

Thank you dear, I was wondering if the problem lies with me at this point of time. I do enjoy the company of those who have been nice, and would be hard for me to leave the job because of that. I decided that I will have a chat with my hubby, and will maybe take a break away from work and it's negativity for the time being 😅

I too, quit my job after I found out I'm pregnant. hard choice but for bbs sake :)