Do you prefer to be a working mom or SAHM ? If you are working , how much are you earning per month ? Is it enough to save ?

52 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I prefer (and I am) a work-from-home mum! While not everyone is able to do this, I'm thankful to have the best of both worlds :) I am mainly a freelancer for social media marketing, content writing or graphic design - but I also take on other sources of income like adhoc house cleaning for families and focus group discussions etc. Unlike most working mums, I do not have a fixed paycheck/payday - but I always ensure I have enough cash flow to make it to the next expected income! It requires some scrimp and saving in certain areas, but I'm still living comfortably and having little upgrades in life too :) As for saving, there's a 50-20-30 rule that I follow where 50% of my income goes to needs like insurance payments and groceries, 20% to savings (I'm not a regular saver, so although I have saving accounts - I also have an endowment plan to make sure I do have funds in lockdown every month) and the remaining 30% to wants like upgrading my living standards by a small improvement.

Read more