Do you prefer branded medicines over generic ones?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

For the most part, you should go with what the doctor prescribes. If it's not a serious sickness or anything too threatening, you can experiment with generics since they'll typically the same thing but either stronger doses or weaker. A better way to approach this question would be to get a second opinion form another medical official.

Magbasa pa

In my experience, the generic medicine works just as fine as the branded ones. Though, I think it also depends on what type of medicine you're taking. It would be best to ask your doctor if a generic brand would be fine, they usually tell you which generics are fine. :)

Natanong ko na yan sa OB ko.. Same lng daw. Mas mahal lng yung branded dhil sa company name.. Or meds store. Like Drapolene nabili ko 300 sa botika Then sa kilalang med store 500 yung price.. Haha take note same lng sila ng brand

Magbasa pa

They say that generic brands have the same effect but some of them aren't as effective as the branded ones. As much as possible, I try to buy whatever the doctor recommends.

Depende. hahaha. pag normal na sakit sakit lang, keri na generic.. like sakit sa ulo, pain reliever.. pag pulmunya or kung anumang serious na, branded na ko.

VIP Member

Pag antibiotic branded tlga binibili ko. Pag ibang gmot ok lng khit generic lalo ung salbutamol nebule kamahal ng branded eh.

For me, yes. Whatever our doctor prescribes--and most of the time, they're branded--I make sure to buy it

Personally yes if afford ko naman I'd rather buy the branded ones

It depends din po kasi. Pero mas okay talga branded po ..

if can afford sis.. branded ❤️