Planning to start ghar ka milk for my kids, are tetra packs better or packet cows milk? Pls suggest

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I wonder why everyone is suggesting tetra packs! I mean, I understand that in todays' times you cannot trust purity of anything that is sold in market but everything that is packaged means that is being processed and must be having some preservatives that would keep it good for the said time. And if so, why do you want to give your kid anything that has preservatives and especially milk. You can buy milk from designated Mother Diaries. Also, there are simple tests at home which you can do to check whether the milk is adulterated or not. Check this link below and can follow it in daily life. http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/simple-home-tests-to-check-adulterated-milk/1/198595.html

Read more

I am not sure why everyone is suggesting tetra pack. It undergoes UHT and therefore it has no nutrients left in it. I understand the concern that packet milk might be spurious. But you should try to find a good source of milk. We for example procure milk from a known place. Price is double of regular Amul packet milk but we know ita from cows who have been good food and not impregnated with hormones or antibiotics.

Read more

i used tetra pack for my elder one from the time she was given milk other than my feed. it suited her really well. the younger one is lactose intolerant, but she has soy milk from tetra packs.

Tetra packs are better than packet milk because it undergoes UHT (ultra high temperature) treatment. Thus safer than regular pasteurised and boiled milk.

I believe nowadays the quality of milk is very poor. If u kid eats all meals, just don't start this. Ask your pediatrician s advise in this matter.

I have been giving my kids tetrapack milks since they turned 1 and they have done fine. I trust the tetrapacks more in terms of purity.

I used cow 🐮 milk for my boy. It suited him really well & help him grow & development too. So I suggested it to all.

we have always used tetra packs for our kids and there has never been any problem till date.

My doctor suggested me tetra packs over packet cow milk. She told me it's temper proof.

Tetra pack. No gas formed from it. I gave my son that.