Hi Pinoy parents! Who do you think are better role models for kids: JaDine or ALDUB? :)

14 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I won't introduce either of those loveteam to my daughter if she asks me to whom she should look up to as a role model. Simply because they are actors and actresses so they don't really portray their "real self". Maybe they do during BTS, meet and greet etc but still they are bound to show only what people want from them. So not so interesting for me. Plus they're just both new in the industry and haven't contributed much yet. But for sure I'll make some time to check their achievements apart from their showbiz career and perhaps can pinpoint to my kids the important values and character they show for like in their family life or academic life.

Magbasa pa

While I have nothing against either of those love teams, I don't think any of them are good role models for kids; not because they show bad behavior, but mostly because the themes on their shows etc. are not age-appropriate. I think it'd be better to teach kids to look up to inspiring writers, artists, public servants, their relatives and their teachers. :)

Magbasa pa

JaDine! It's easy to say that AlDub are better role models but we have to remember that they're not a real couple. However, I wouldn't peg either of these couples as role models. Don't mean to sound like a snob, but I'd want my kids to look up to people who have done more substantial things with their talents.

Magbasa pa

Choosing between the two , I agree with Anne's insights. I also agree with Jan Alwyn's. I think it is more of how we guide our kids on who to look up to especially in this day and age where kids are easily influenced by the information that media feeds them.

Post reply image

Honestly, our family is more into Channel 2. But in my opinion, Aldub is better role model. They actually display good values especially on "waiting" for the right time. Waiting for the right time for the first holding hands, first date, first kiss, etc.

I'm a follower of neither of the two pairs but I think AlDub exudes more of the desirable values for kids. As far as I know, they are awarded with a Catholic Social Media awards and other recognitions by several values-oriented award-giving bodies.

8y ago

interesting! Thanks for this, Anne :)

In terms of values, I would go for AlDub. But I'd be more glad if my kids look up to some individuals other than them. Not that I don't like them, I just think there are far more better people that can serve as role models for our kids.

I think JaDine has more kilig factor because they're a real life couple, but I think Aldub promotes more good values and right conduct not just in a relationship but also towards other people around them like their family and friends

8y ago

Thanks, Bea!

VIP Member

I think Aldub would be better if only because their Kalyeserye promotes more values like respecting elders, being obedient and keeping Filipino culture and tradition alive such as doing 'mano' and saying 'po and opo'.

AlDub! yung family nila with mga lolas talaga ang nagtuturo ng magandang example. Palagi din silang gumagamit ng po at opo na dapat ay pinapractice ng mga bata ngayon.