Pinoy Parents, do your kids love to buy from sari-sari stores or just from supermarket?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

My baby isn't able to buy yet but my nieces and nephews do! There are a lot sari-sari stores nearby where we live because we're around the vicinity of palengke. I noticed a lot of kids still do the "pabili po" habang tinutuktok yung coin because my whenever we visit at our grandma's house, there are kids who do it. Minsan nga, unable to speak pa yung kids. They just have barya, knock the coin and would pin-point what they want to buy. How cute!

Magbasa pa

Most kids in our family (including nieces and nephews) are not used to buying from sari-sari store. It's not that they are not allowed, but mostly there were no sari-sari stores near the house. So when we went to our province for vacation, the kids enjoyed buying from the store opposite our house. They love saying "pabili" and knocking using a coin, like Jo-an's kids.

Magbasa pa

Hi Stan! My children likes to buy from the Sari-Sari store from time to time. It helps them learn how to pay using their own money since mostly Sari-Sari stores offers "tingi". And they also fond of saying "pabili" while knocking the window using a coin. haha

For urgent needs, like if ever i ran out of something, i go to sari sari stores. My supermarket trips are always planned since i plan to stick to my budget.

My eldest who just turned 8 started asking if he can buy from the sari sari store and he enjoyed the experience! So yes, i allow them.