For parents with toddler and preschool kids. What's your yardstick for sending them to school when they are unwell? - some parents keep kids home the minute a runny nose or cough develops. They get super upset with other parents who send kids to school when they are sick - some parents use fever as the yardstick and send back to school after 24 hours from when fever subsides, the kid may have a tail cough or drippy nose - some parents simply have not much choice. Either insufficient leave or no other care arrangements. They put their kids in school even with a fever. My tot had a fever and cough. We kept him home for a whole week because he had a cough after the fever subsided. That was a lot of taking time off work both hub and my end and the kid having to readjust back to school after being away for a week. Looking at how often the little fella gets a cough or cold, if I continue with this, we could probably be home half the time. Any thoughts on this first world problem?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I send my bub to school unless she is running a fever or a terrible runny nose. But will pick her up as early as possible and drop her off as late as possible.