Breastfeeding clog

Oh no,there’s a milk clog on my breast. Is it because I have forgotten to pump during one of the timing? Any ways to unclog it? Will it go away if I go back to pumping every 3 hours?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It could be. Sometimes if you drag for too long, or irregular pumping schedules . It happens - Let baby suckle often till you feel your breast soften. - Shower with hot water while massage your breast for at least 10-20 mins till breast soften - prolly can pump longer, but if you feel doesn’t work, massage / let baby suckle. If your milk fats are very thick, you can consider lecithin ( check the ingredients whether you can consume ) If it is very painful, and harden ( mastitis ). Quickly consult a doc or make a appointment with breast massage lady.

Read more
5y ago

Thanks! It’s gone now after the heat pad and pumping

Super Mum

Keep pumping. If baby can latch, the clogged duct clears even faster if baby’s sucking is strong

VIP Member

Try LO to latch to unclog

VIP Member

Massage it, its gonna be painful but it helps. Use warm towel to cover and massage it. If its too painful can hire a lactation lady to help. If u pump regularly again it will be better, but for now masaage n ease the clog ducts first.

5y ago

Thanks. Heat pad really works