Week 6 pregnancy

Is it normal not to hear any heartbeat week 6 of pregnancy. Also, gynae told me not to have high hopes because gestational sac and yolk sac is smaller than expected and not really a good sign. Will see me in 10 days to see if baby progressing. (Seeking another gynae in 10 days time because first gynae was too harsh for my liking) should I be worry? What are the chances of miscarriage?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When i was 6 weeks preggy i only have the sac no pole and no heartbeat dr told me its too early and the best part dr told might have ectopic pregnancy.. My first pregnancy and it was stressful for me when the dr said that. I think for now get plenty of rest eat proper and healthy food.. Goodluck mommy

Read more

I also had a bad scare by the sonographer during week 6 and was told to come back during week 8. All was good in week 8! My gynae even said week 6 is just to check for ectopic pregnancy, not to see gestational sac size etc cause still too early to deduce. Have faith! 😊

Super Mum

It’s normal not to see at 6 weeks. But it’s important to follow up closely, and yes, go to a gynae that you feel comfortable with. I’m sorry that we cannot offer you more assurance or comfort over this platform, but a big hug for you..

VIP Member

Hope everything goes smoothly for you.. for my first pregnancy, the gynae told me baby measured smaller than it’s supposed to be. I miscarried within a week..

It is normal to not hear a heart beat yet. That usually around 8-10 weeks. As for the sack, I do not know. Good luck to you. 🙏

VIP Member

Is normal, during weeks 6, I also can't hear bb heartbeat and I was quite worry, however everything ok at weeks 8.

VIP Member

When I was 6wks only the sac and yolk seen , no heartbeat found but everything was fine for the 8weeks scan

6 weeks is still at early stage. Most importantly now is to eat well & rest well. Take care~

VIP Member

I pray that all is well...think positive...doctors and machines dont decide, God does.

VIP Member

I only heart heartbeat at wk 8.. when i first went in week 5 we only saw the sac