No gestational sac at week5 day 5, is is normal?

Went to gynae ytd and doc did a pelvic scan and did not see any gestational sac. I am currently at week 5 day 5. Gynae say could be too small or might ectopic pregnancy. Anyone similar circumstances but sees a gestational sac afterwards. I am kinda worried. I have chemical miscarriage last year and only manage to conceive this year after 9-10 month of trying.#1stimemom #pregnancy #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hihi I went to see doc on 5 week 2 days and when they did an abdominal ultrasound scan they couldnt see anything too went to see doc again this week on 7 week 2 days, abdominal see can't see much but vagina ultrasound shows sac, yolk and a mini beating heart so chances are you could be too early when I didn't see anything during week 5 I was also worried about ectopic but doc says ectopic only happens about 1% of the time and ask me not to worry too much first and wait for another scan two weeks later. So perhaps try to keep yourself occupied for these two weeks first. keeping fingers crossed for u!

Read more
2y ago

That’s great to hear!! Congrats!! I can’t wait for my next US in two weeks but I’ll only be 6 by then..

I went to gynae today for ultrasound but he didn't see a sac 😭 but urine test was positive (estimate pregnancy 5 weeks 4 days). My gynae also said it could be ectopic pregnancy. I had a miscarriage 1.5 years ago. I don't want to feel the same experience again. I'm so sad thinking of this 😭

I went to a gynae 3 days ago, Gynae didn’t see any sac only mentioned thickening of lining. but according to my date of conception I should be around 4 2. Although based of my lmp I should be around 5 weeks. Probably u are too early?

2y ago

Yes. I did the hcg test and it’s 431 so should be ok i guess. I heard the sac can only be seen when hcg is more than 1500. So will be back for scan 1-2 weeks later. Thanks