Needed to rant

Needed to rant cause I know im being childish… I am actually jealous of my mum… My mum is helping me with confinement… so whenever baby cries, she will carry him… so much so that, when my baby is not comfortable and is crying in the middle of the night… i try my best to soothe him but he still crying and screaming, my mum will signal me and I handover baby to her.. and baby in her arms will stop crying. This happened so many times that I feel useless as a mum.. n also coz my breast milk is not thick, my mum will always jokingly say my milk so watery baby always hungry… always need to top up with Formula milk… I know she say as a fact, but it always made me feel like I’m a bad mum who can’t feed her baby…

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

regarding the watery milk, not sure if you are talking about foremilk, which may look abit more watery compare to hindmilk that looks "creamier". both are still provides baby w the nutrients they need. you can do some reading or check w lactation consultant if you have concerns regarding your mum being able to pacifer your baby better, im sure i would feel the jealousy of my mum and who knows, maybe even anger cos i may feel deprived of my chance to be a mum hands on myself. and i think it is great to he able acknowledge even the so call bad feelings and not sweep it under the carpet, trying to "force" ourselves to feel the gratitude. if your mum's ability to pacifer the baby leads you to feel useless and helpless, then let's explore how we can build up the skills in this area. is it how we carry baby? or maybe we are feeling really nervous internally due to lacking confidence and baby pick up that through feel hence we unable to stop baby from crying we have time to build up our relationship w our child and baby stage is just the initial period. there are so many more years to go. jia you! btw, mummy, if you are too overwhelmed w mummies duties or too tired, then also dun push yourself too much. self care and self love for the mummy goes a long way

Read more