I don't know what to say

Recently my parents always doesn't let my baby finish his milk. #moneygonedownthedrain The thing is, my baby has a habit of shaking his head during feeding time. (Actually why ah?) And my parents take that as a cue that my baby doesn't want to drink. And when they feed him, he cries. I observed that even after 15 minutes of feeding, the level of milk doesn't drop. I told them to make him finish his milk otherwise he goes hungry, or let me feed him because my baby finishes his milk when I feed. But they insist in doing the feeding themselves. They will carry my baby and walk around the room to try to feed him but it just doesn't work. When I give advice and tell them what my son prefers, my mum will snap at me and say I know nothing. #firstbaby #1stimemom #sianalready #mumdoesntlistentome

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I wouldn’t force feed him as I don’t want baby to associate feeding = force/something detestable. If he doesn’t drinks, I’ll wait for awhile before trying to offer again and if it’s past the safe period and he still doesn’t want, I’ll discard. (I’m giving EBM so I feel my efforts wasted sometimes 😅) You also mentioned after 15 mins of feeding yet no decrease in the milk, meaning baby drank 15 mins worth of air. Letting baby have the habit of walking around and drinking will only make the next person’s life difficult. Can you imagine if it becomes a habit then one day you take over…. and baby don’t drink unless you carry and walk around… Carrying a sack of rice is no joke 🫣 And honestly speaking, if my own parents try to do that to me I’ll snap at them instead. I don’t care how you take care of me or my siblings in the past, this is MY child. You can give me advise, but I don’t necessarily have to take it. Not trying to be rude here, just that we are all first time parents trying to learn. You had your time, now let me have mine.. Perhaps you can ask her, you guys snatch everything to do then how do you even expect me to learn something? Hope things will be better for you! 🤞🏻

Read more

solution here you live outside your parent's crib. your child your rule law applies if you are the only parent around your child. don't let your mom be mom to your child, you are the mother.

Why not just force them to watch you feed for a day whereby milk is finished smoothly so that they can shut their mouth?