Short tempered mother

I just gave birth almost 2 weeks ago via csect, im still in pain and since im a first time mum, im still not able to figure out what baby wants. Cause he keep crying non stop and never sleep at night, altho we’ve tried everything. And he’s always hungry even after 2hr feeds. And due to my temper, i get tired and tend to scold baby cause i cannot figure out what he wants and he wont stop crying like someone beat him or smtg. And i feel bad for him for having a mum with low patience. He dont deserve the scolding as he’s just a baby and he’s also still adapting to the world. I always call myself a useless mum cause i am 😔 I didnt expect motherhood to be this bad. I always hear people say their baby atleast sleep everynow and then or sleep thru the night and only wake up for feeds. But mine even after feeding him, he’ll continue crying. He’s on full formula, 50-60ml per feed. Because of this, and lack of sleep (only had 1-2 hrs of sleep per day), i tend to get angry at everybody and always cry. I dont know whats happening to me, all i know i no longer know my old self. I feel like im a whole different person after having the baby. #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Maybe try increasing his feed amount? Make 30ml (see how much he can drink and see how much he can take without spit ups. If he throws/spit up in large amount, that is his limit .Its very normal, we are a mother but we are still human beings with emotions. Would you consider a pacifier? If after increasing feeds still crying murder, it might be due to gas. My baby never had gas or colic issues so I can’t advise on that. Not all babies are angel babies, don’t bother about what other people tell you about their babies STTN or sleep all day, every babies are different. Mine only started STTN at 3.5m and when she goes thru growth spurts, STTN is non existent. Don’t feel that way, you are also learning and trying hard. It will get better once you learn how to identify his needs, it takes time definitely. (I am super hot tempered mum and no patience btw, but I lash out at my husband instead when it feels like the world is a bad place.😅)

Read more

I hear u Sista! Especially when you said “ I didn’t expect motherhood to be this bad” cause I was exactly like you, 110%! Baby cries after feeding because baby feels gassy or baby still want somemore. You can try top up another 30ml and see how it goes. And you may wanna note that baby may have colic. Mine cried from evening till 11pm EVERYDAY and there was nothing we could do to help comfort her. PD gave her Ridwind and probiotic. And I got her a baby hammock (yaolan) to help her calm down and sleep, which is a life safer to us! The situation will get better, you will eventually get more sleep. Hang in there.

Read more