How do I know my 3yo is getting all the essentials nutrients and is a super healthy child?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

super healthy child.... seriously ma'am...pls change these high expectations that has occupied your mind. pls be practical...in pursuit of super health don't miss out on providing emotional and mental health also. if the mind is healthy only then can body also be. when u keep thinking on this, it will move you to act on this and then everything that some say about trying this out and that out to get ur child healthy, u will do. why do u feel that whatever u r doing is just not enough.? why have u convinced yourself that the grass is greener and healthier on the other side whereas u r stuck with straw...pls remember that u r gifted by God to be the best mom for ur kid....ask ur kid if he wants any other mom instd of u and his answer will automatically boost u. don't fit him into this pre set mould that all have created... according to them if kids do the best dance in this way, it's best, if they score 99% in their ABCs they r best, if they get 1st prize in all sports then they r best....if u fit ur kid in that mould, u r killing the natural instinctive intelligence that he's born with. focus all ur attention in finding out what's truly his passion and harness it in right direction. help him to understand that being best in not achieved in best health or best score or best dance...but it's a mindset...only when he loses will he find joy in winning...or else your obsession will become his life's purpose. there will always be someone better than your kid. learn to enjoy his growing years. these yrs will never come back. enjoy these memories...

Read more
8y ago

thanks maam

Personally, I have followed only one thing, which is, if my child is active as one should be her age, I know she is healthy. There have been days and visits to relatives' place where someone or the other makes it a point to say that she has become weak. So, I listen to them and ignore because I know, these are mandatory things to say in our society when they meet people. I think, feed your child all seasonal fruits, veggies, meat, nuts, dairy products like; curd, milk, ghee and fresh juices, little tidbits of what kid wants, and once in a while chocolates, ice-cream and he would do fine. Check this link: http://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/4-nutrients-your-child-may-be-missing

Read more

I agree with Chetna. If your child is active. Then nothing to worry, even if the appetite gets small sometimes.