My daughter is two years eight months old she is a fussy eater for every spoon of food I have to give two spoons of water she is not liking food what should I do

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I know what it feels like to have a fussy eater! At this age, your daughter is developing her palate and her taste buds will always want something delicious and new. Also, she will start getting bored very easily. I would say try introducing new recipes to her, or even if you make some regular recipes, try and space them out, so that it does not get repeated in the next 3 to 4 days. I try to include my younger one in the cooking process wherever she can, such as breaking the beans, shelling the peas, cracking the eggs, mixing the batter and so on, and then let her see what we are cooking. It makes her excited to eat what she helped create. She is 2 years and 10 months now, and also wants new and interesting things all the time :) If it helps, you can also make up fun stories for eating times, involving baby animals getting ready to have food and so on. Do try :)

Read more

Children can get bored easily with the same kinds of food. So, keep experimenting and try to present the food in a non-traditional way. - Make kebabs of daal and put into a roti. - Dry excess water from khichdi, add besan, chopped onions, cheese and make patties or tikkis of it. - If your daughter doesn’t like eggs you can serve it to her in the form of an egg pudding, which she may love to have. - Make stuff paratha, chilla, or pancake. Cut it into different bite-sized shapes. - Make cutlets of fish or chicken. Spice them with natural herbs and flavouring such as mint, coriander. The important thing is to have tremendous patience with your child. She will adapt to new tastes but gradually. Hope it helps!

Read more

This is one complaint almost all moms have :) if your baby refuses to eat regular foods, you can try changing the taste by giving her variation. giving water in between is not a good idea, as it will make her feel full, when she is not actually eating that much. i would suggest you put the food in cute cartoon utensils and make her eat while distracting her.

Read more