My PD included ground meat in her list of things to feed my 9-month-old. My baby looks like she wants to vomit (as if she doesn't like the taste) after a few bites though. Should I keep trying or wait until she's older?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you haven't already, perhaps you can try mixing the ground meat with something that baby already loves. For example, if she loves sweet potatoes, you can try sneaking a little bit of the meat in the spoonful of sweet potatoes and see if she notices. Sometimes, the texture of ground meat can be a bit off-putting so hiding or disguising it with veggies or rice/cereal could help :)

Read more

My girl does not like ground meat but she loves drumstick. I just steam and give her the whole drumstick to chew on which she loves it especially during teething. however, we did BLW with her the moment she started solid. Beef or pork stew is another good way to introduce meat. The meat will be soft enough for them too.

Read more

You can mix the ground meat with the thing she likes the most. Keep the quantity of ground meat less so that she gets more taste of the thing that she likes, may be porridge, mashed potato or a cereal. Chances are she would eat it nicely. If it still doesn't work out, let her PD know and may be he can give an option.

Read more

You can try changing the cooking method for ground meat. For example, if you have been serving ground meat in porridge , perhaps you can consider frying or sauteeing the meat before adding it to the porridge. Meat usually tastes better when it's lightly browned before adding them to stews or porridge.

Read more

i would suggest wait for some time before you give it to your baby again. also, try to mix it with other foods that your baby likes, for instance, mashed carrots, potatoes, beets and such. if the problem continues, speak to the doc and see what can be done.