Any mommy experience before that little ones rejecting solid food? I started to give solid to my baby, she is now 7th month old. I tried vegie puree, potato puree, sweet potato, etc and tried rice cereal but she seems like rejecting all of them. She will show no interest to eat. In turn when I latch or bottle feed her, she'll show me that she's hungry. Do I stop feeding her solid or keep trying even she doesn't really like it?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

when I attended weaning classes, it was noted that we should start feeding solid Not later than wk 26 as they may reject n not learn now to eat. Initially my LO showed no interest in solid n will always give me the disgusted look when I give it to him. My first food for my LO is carrot. I gave it to him in both puree n BLW. It took him more than 1 wk to accept it (I give Everyday until he accepts ) When I follow the instructions on the packaging to prepare the baby cereal, n try to feed him that with a spoon he burst out crying. Ended up, problem lies in that he finds it too watery n got frustrated with it. When I pour the watery cereal into his bottle, he finished everything.( moreover I did not add in any form of milk, only used water) the next day when I prep the cereal, I made it to a thicker consistency (very lumpy) n he loves it ( he was only 6 mth old then ) Since ur LO is already 7 mth, is there a chance that ur puree is too watery for her? N she is looking for something thicker? Another thing is my LO who is 7 mth old will show eagerness to eat when we are eating, if we are not eating but purely feeding him, he will not be interested. Ended up sometimes I need to eat his food together with him so that he will eat

Read more

Hang in there mummy! Best to keep trying but like what the rest said, don't force your baby to eat (don't want her to view eating as a stressful event). Not sure if you've tried this (or if this would help), you can mix cereal in the breast milk so that the taste is still familiar to your little one. Steamed/mashed fruits may be sweeter and more appealing so you can consider that too (some of my friends start with apple). Also, experiment with different textures. Perhaps she prefers something more crunchy? It may take some time before you find out what she likes... so do be patient and don't give up!

Read more

Nope!!! Keep trying at slower paces mummy. Maybe LO isnt ready yet. What you can do is to stick to a certain food for a period if time. Babies may take even up to 20 tries before willing try or like the food. For eg: apple puree you can try for 3 days, still dont like stop rotate with potato puree, and then repeat the cycle again. And moniter from there. My boy is picky, and i know how that feels. Quite a yucky feeling. Its better to start off with vegetables instead of fruits. Fruits, are sweet, vegetables are plain. Try the plainer stuffs first. Hahaha :)

Read more

don't give up - your little one is going through a hard phase right now, suddenly leaving the known food of six months and moving on to something new, so it's quite natural. i suggest you continue breast feeding but maybe cut down the amount a little, so that your baby is still hungry. keep giving semi-solids in little quantity each day, especially as part of a family meal. when your baby sees everyone eating, it will create more interest. all the best

Read more

some babies do get into that phase where they suddenly refuse new foods and want to return to the comfort of breastmilk. i think you should definitely continue but not force it. give these foods in small amounts to your baby. to make the transition easier, add breastmilk to the food so that your baby gets a familiar taste and may find it easier to eat.

Read more

You can boil oats in water and then add dal or veg puree. Your LO may find it tasty...same time it will be healthy too. Try feeding rice kheer. Rice in it should be mashed. My son loved it the first time he ate at 6 months.

Just keep on trying to introduce solid foods but don't force her if she doesn't want to eat. Eventually, she will learn to eat solids.