My mom bought Manzanilla (oil) for my baby, she told me to use it whenever I feel that baby has colic and put some of it on my baby's hands, feet and back before bath time. I told her that our Pedia dont want us to use any oil since it will make the baby skin iritated. My mom told us that she used it on us but we grew up fine. How will I explain that I dont want to use it on my baby.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

That's the same thing my mom and mom-in-law told me about when my little one was just a few weeks old. I tried it and luckily, my baby's skin wasn't too sensitive so it didn't get irritated. But, it didn't seem to work either. Thing is, a baby's tummy always sound gassy and babies cry for a lot of reasons so you can't simply assume that it's colic. I just simply told them that I'll consider applying manzanilla if I can't figure out how to calm my baby down in the next few minutes (although I didn't really have any intention of doing so). Just so I can make them feel that their suggestion/s matter. My son's already 29 months old and the bottle of manzanilla bought more than 2 years ago is still untouched.

Magbasa pa