I shared a little post on facebook about how an SMRT staff brightened up my boy's day and was pleasantly surprised that it got much acknowledgement from Singaporeans. (http://bit.ly/1Wu72KY) I feel that it's important that we teach our children about our unsung heroes in our community. How do you think we can teach our children about appreciating these group of special people? :)

Post image
14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I think it all starts from the smallest things - saying "Thank you" or returning their greetings. As parents, we are role models for our children. If we don't do it ourselves, we cannot expect our children to be polite and grateful. Personally, I have a special bus driver whom I made friends with ever since he waited for me to catch the bus one morning. I've always looked forward to catching his bus and have given him bottles of chicken essence, lemon sweets and other small tidbits as I know his day is long. I've also noticed the friendly, chirpy lady at Raffles Place MRT who greets commuters good morning. Children pick up really fast and it all begins with us. :)

Read more