4 Replies

ever since my daughter turned 5 we have been having birthdays with some activities that all kids can participate in. for instance, we planned an event at home where kids could come and try cooking safely. we looked up easy kid-friendly recipes from the internet, using healthy ingredients that kids would like to eat too. they got to make their own snacks and eat it, instead of being served the usual snacks. it also helped them get interested in the idea of preparing snacks for school. some our friends actually mentioned that their kids found it so enjoyable that they want to learn more cooking :) we also did a small home baking session in the end with all the kids

Instead of the usual birthday party, maybe this time you can make it into a birthday experience. It will more personal and less chaotic so not much logistics and planning this time. Make it just a family affair and plan a whole day of fun. You can take her to the theme park, a kids musical or have a picnic somewhere nice. If you are keen on the performance idea, I found some shows happening in Aug-September (link below): http://sistic.com.sg/events/search?s=1/9/2016

Great idea! Thank you so much!

You can take her friends and her to a kid's movie. All of them going out together will be an altogether cherished experience for them. Or you can go out for a picnic and invite her friends also. I mean anything that the kids is doing for the first time or they don't do often will make her quite happy and an experience of its kind too.

How about bringing her on a trip? Make it a family vacation but perhaps to Disney? Heard that it is really magical to a child. I think she would be able to appreciate the place and remember the trip now that she is five. :)

That's one of the ideas my husband and I are considering. Thank you so much!

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles