My daughter hasn't been using the day care toilet for poo-poo. She is otherwise potty-trained. I think it has got more to do with the security and comfort. Any tips on how i can convince her to start using the school toilet?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My son was like that. He was wearing diapers only to play school. When he is back home he uses the toilet on his own. I kept reminding him that he can use toilets at the school and it is ok to use toilets outside home. Also I was firm that I made him go to school without diapers when he turned 3.5. For the first few days he was holding the urine until we reached home. The second week onwards, he couldn't hold it back anymore and started using school toilet. Still there are days when he rushes home to pee. Can't help it.

Read more

It could be due to the different toilet routine between home and school. Try to talk to teacher in school what is the routine and see if any modification and adjustment can be made e.g. take the child separately to toilet at certain timing instead of following group. The other reason could be due to different toilet setting between home and school. If you are using potty at home, you can slowly train your daugther to use toilet seat.

Read more

Maybe there is something lacking in the bathroom at your daughter's daycare, something that's available at home but not necessarily in school? My little cousin was toilet trained to use a bidet or wipe wet wipes at home but there's only toilet paper in his school. After his mother realised this, she packed wet wipes in his bag and the problem was solved.

Read more

There are a number of potential explanations why your daughter is not using the toilet in the daycare. This article offers a number of suggestions you can try (to tackle different concerns your daughter may be having): http://www.babycenter.in/x548930/why-wont-my-toddler-use-the-toilets-at-his-play-school

Read more

Highlight to the teacher, you may also want to train her on the toilet bowl. In school, in time she will learn too as her other friends will use the toilet bowl.

thanks