How do you toilet poo-train your toddler? She's toilet pee trained but I think poo train is a whole new boss level!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

haha.. my friend tried this tip which she read online and it worked for her son. She showed her son the "outcome" (read: contents) of his diaper after he had done the deed. Then she told him that his poo is too much/big for his diaper and he need to "graduate" to the toilet. She proceeded to ask him every now and then (every 5-10mins) when it is near the usual time he does his pooping. Not sure if it will work for your girl though. Can consider.

Read more

Plenty of patience and trial and error! Took me about two months before my Ger (2 year old then) to be comfortable to go to the potty to poo. I always ask her does she need to go potty when she have that wan to poo expression! But after a while, she feels that poo in diapers is disgusting too. She started going to poo in the potty on her own.

Read more

We cut a hole out of the bottom of her nappy, so the poo goes in the toilet, even though she still has the sensation of wearing the diaper ;p

8y ago

I thought of that! But that's if she even wants to go near toilet bowl to poop. She always hides in a corner and announce only after she's done.