Clean baby’s poo

Hi mummies, FTM here. Heard that its recommended to clean baby’s bum using water instead of wet tissue when baby poo unless if necessary or at night. If using water, when opening the diaper, how do you clean off the excess poo from baby’s bum first? And afterwhich you bring baby to toilet to clean using running water ? do we need soap or just water? #FTM #advicepls

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would wash baby's bum in the sink regardless the amt of poop as it's much cleaner tt way. I use a little baby soap. Wet wipe is only for pee but not all the time meaning aft 2-3 diaper change due to pee I'd still wash his bum and wipe dry. Boy is alr 1+ year old and never had any bum rash before. I just can't stand the thought of using wet wipe only for poo unless we're travelling and difficult to find a changing room.

Read more

It depends on the timing. Before bathing and changing into pyjamas, I will usually do a general cleaning with wet wipes, then proceed with “thorough cleaning” using wet cotton balls. Be it poop or no poop. Other than these two timings, I will only use wet wipes.

Read more

use water to clean, but if u r scared ur baby would scream while cleaning, use a wet cotton wool , make sure to have a cup of water to wet ur wool and clean it thoroughly. At times when lazy just wash it in the sink will do lah..this is way cleaner and rash free...

I'll just hold baby and open over sink. wash with water, way cleaner. baby girl is 10 months ish and thankfully no diaper rash till today. Will still use wipes for pee but eventually will still bring her to wash with water. also will use wipes when we're outside.

Well some mummies would use wipes that has water/soap and if the poo not much they will just use wipes. Otherwise you clean with wipes first, bring baby to toilet wash with soap and water, pat dry and then use clean diaper.

I mostly wash baby's bum in the sink for poop unless during the night. for pee and night changing or when we're outside, I use wet wipes. better to wash for poop as it's more hygienic. and yes, with a little soap.

i will use wet wipes all the time be it poop or pee. will wash thoroughly when baby bathing the morning.

i use wet wipes all the time . will wash bum with water and bb soap only when bathing or poop leak out