My daughter is 10 months old. She has not started to crawl. What should I do?

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My daughter didn't crawl at all. She held on to the sofa and started to walk. So don't worry about crawling unless you notice that she may have other issue of physical development. If she can hold on to things and can grab things in her hands, then she shouldn't have any issue of muscular weakening. Don't stick to the guideline that 10 months must crawl, some children are faster and some are slower. Just work on muscle such as hold her up and let her put some weight on her legs and feet. Once her legs are stronger, she will start to crawl or walk. And once she starts to walk, you will miss the time that she stays still. Hahaha.

Read more

don't worry, they all learn at a different pace. she will eventually get there. you can entice her by putting her favourite toy or something that attracts her some distance away though. she will then learn to commando crawl - crawling without lifting the tummy off the ground. subsequently, you can help her by helping her shift her legs and arms while holding her butt up. doing exercises like making her touch opposite feet (left hand touch right feet and right hand touch left feet) will help her recognise that she needs to move them in this opposite manner to crawl as well.

Read more

my son started crawling at 11months. he flipped over at 6mths only whereby the milestone for baby should be around 3months. we didnt force him or do anything. because we went for his checkups and all are normal. he only started walking at 17mths too. now an active 4yrs old toddler whom run non stop and play stop and jump non stop. so dont worry. every baby is different. my hubby is constantly telling dont compare him with other kids even till now. i guess mothers are always worrying non stop. haha.

Read more
VIP Member

I teach my son how to crawl by helping to put his hand in front and push his leg in front and he will know how to push himself in front to get what he ones. I just feel we need to help and motivated them, and they learn very fast from it. I always give him a helping hand, and soon he can do bit by bit on his own. My son is more lazy so need to teach him.

Read more

Crawling at 10 months old is just a guideline. Some babies will crawl even earlier than 10 months and some babies will crawl later. Please give your little one some times to develop his own milestones. Some babies will even skip crawling stage and proceed to walking stage. http://www.todaysparent.com/baby/why-babies-skip-crawling/

Read more
Post reply image

My son started crawling late, even walking but its fine. Every child develops at a different pace, Don't have to worry. Looking at the brightside, You have a longer fun time of not having to run after a toddler! Just enjoy being parents!

Don't worry abt baby not crawling. Some babies don't crawl and they started by walking straight away. Out of 4 kids, i got 2 of them who doesn't crawl and walk straight away. Your worry is unfounded. Fret not.

Read more

Don't worry...my 3 year old daughter did not crawl at all. She sat on her own at 5 mos and walked with guide at around 10 mos, walked by herself at 13mos. Do not worry, every child is different. :)

No worries ! Every baby develops differently . My younger daughter crawled at 10 months+ , learn stand & walk at 14 months . I used to be like you very worrying . Now I wish she don't walk . HAHA

Hi! There are some babies who didn't crawl but started walking instead. She will when she is ready. You can also encourage crawling by playing games like rolling the ball so she can follow it.