Is it okay for my 8 months old Daughter not to flip and crawl ? I been bringin her to work since I end my ml.. bt whenever she is hme I wil put her at walker .. she wil b running arnd the Hse..

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi actually I know of babies who skipped the crawling stage. However I have understood from a gym class teacher that crawling is good for babies as it helps them to balance out their right and left brains. Indeed when my gal started crawling she suddenly seemed to developed a lot of other skills in the same week and seem to be more aware of things. I heard of one mommy whose baby couldn't crawl and the therapist said it is because they put the baby into an exersaucer or jumperoo too early and this causes them to use the wrong muscles first hence they can't crawl and will instead keep straightening their legs

Read more

Seems like u having a fast developer here. Congrats to u.... dun worry la. Is normal for mummies to compare wif other babies of same age. But I feel..... just accept the way they are. Be it fast or slow.

All babies develop at different paces so it's absolutely ok. Just ensure that the home is baby proof and anything that can be dangerous is not in her reach whether she is moving abt by walker or crawl

VIP Member

Yes it's normal! All my kids skipped crawling and proceed to walking! They loved the walker. But i will limit the usage period for them.

Hmmm.. Try not to put in the walker?? Prevents child from crawling?? See which suits you best, I suppose :)

U mean she is flipping and crawling right? It is very normal. Babies at this age are very active!

7y ago

I would think she can flip but doesn't like to flip for now n wants to crawl. No problem... they will go back to flipping once they see the benefits