My baby doesn't like my in-laws! Any tips on how I can get her to warm up to them?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My son was such a clingy baby and he refused to accept anyone but me! Because I had to go back to work soon and my mum would be caring for him when I am away, I started getting my mum more involve with him whenever I can e.g. during diaper change, distracting him while I eat, bath him while I'm around, etc. It took him about a week, and I left him alone with her for about 2-3 hours at alternate days to sleep (lol) so that he would get familiarize with her. Thankfully, by the time I started going back to work, there was no drama crying... in fact he seemed pretty happy that I was leaving!

Read more

Babies can "smell" that mummy is close by thats when they will start fussing when other people is carrying them. Baby will be much clingy if she is breastfed. You can leave baby awhile in your in-laws' care while you go to nearby supermarket for a small walk so that baby can get used to them. It will take a step at a time so do not rush into it if not baby will totally reject other people.

Read more