Tips for on the go EBM.

Hey mummies. Ive been asking too much as a first time mom but can i get some tips on how should i bring out my frozen ebm, convenient methods to store and thaw them for my baby? Any bottle warmer to recommend to warm up frozen ebm on the go? Its making me nervous whenever i have to head out for appointments with my baby. I dont do direct latch as bb unable too. Thank you!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! Don't worry about asking too many questions, that's what this forum is for - to support each other as moms! When it comes to bringing out your frozen EBM (expressed breast milk), it's essential to keep it safe and convenient for your baby. One method is to use an insulated cooler bag with ice packs to transport the frozen EBM. This will help keep it at the right temperature while you are on the go. For thawing, you can place the frozen EBM in the refrigerator overnight or hold the sealed container under warm running water. Another option is to use a bottle warmer specifically designed for breast milk. There are some great portable bottle warmers available that you can use to warm up the frozen EBM when you're out and about. I totally understand how nerve-wracking it can be to head out for appointments with a baby, but with the right preparation, you can make it easier for yourself. And remember, you're doing an amazing job taking care of your little one! If you need any further assistance or have any other questions, feel free to ask. We're all here to help each other through this journey of motherhood! Mama's Choice $18 voucher 👉🏻 https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Depends on how long you’ll be out for. I usually thaw one in the bottle for first feed, then another one partially thawed in another bottle for next feed (all with ice blocks in cooler bag). Last feed before heading home I’ll just feed the one I pumped outside. For warming up, can get a collapsible bowl/flask then use the hot water dispenser in the nursing room.

Read more