My 3 months old baby always sleeps by his tummy? Is it ok to allow him to sleep at night like that ?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is always important that you follow safe sleeping guidelines with your baby if your baby will be spending any time sleeping on his stomach. - Baby should sleep on a firm surface that's covered by a tight-fitting sheet - There should be no loose bedding, soft pillows, or stuffed toys in your baby's sleeping area - It is safest if your baby is sleeping near you so that you can keep an eye on him For me, I kept flipping him to his back as I can be really paranoid. He have never slept on his tummy before as I've heard a lot of stories about Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. I will go into the room often to check on him and response to him at his first cry. Some parents practise the cry it out pattern but I find it really dangerous. What if they really needed us.

Read more

It is always important that you follow safe sleeping guidelines with your baby – but if your baby will be spending any time sleeping on her stomach, then it’s crucial. Your baby should sleep on a firm surface that’s covered by a tight-fitting sheet. There should be no loose bedding, soft pillows, or stuffed toys in your baby’s sleeping area. It’s safest if your baby is sleeping near your bed (so that you can keep an eye on her). Try running a fan in your baby’s room. Co-sleeping is not advisable but that is what I've been doing with all my 4 kids and they are all growing very well : )

Read more

When a baby rolls on their own, they seem to say that it is safe for them to lay on their tummy. As long as your child can move the head from side to side without trouble, the baby will instinctively move head to breathe. The fear is more when you have a newborn whom is unable to turn their little head on there own easily. SID's fear is from the suffocation risk that can occur when they do not have certain instincts that they can utilise. My son couldn't sleep without being on his tummy either. But when he used to wake up, he immediately rolled on his back.

Read more

My gal was used to sleeping on her tummy since she was 2 mths old. Nanny told me that she won't get startled easily and will feel v secured. However, it is not advisable when baby knows how to turn their heads Coz they might suffocate (SID) if we are not careful. Despite that, my gal, now 5, still prefers to sleep on her tummy. Just that we need to be more careful especially at night.

Read more

According to experts it is not advisable to let babies sleep on their tummies. The safest sleep position for your baby is to sleep on his back. The back sleep position carries the lowest risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome or SIDS. Research also shows that babies who sleep on their backs are less likely to get fevers, stuffy noses, and ear infections.

Read more

It's normal but see to it that no numerous pillows or blankets are within reach or near him/her. She may be at risk for SIDS. My daughter was also like that before, until now she loves sleeping in her tummy.

I think it's best to flip the baby to sleep on his back if you see him sleeping on his tummy. A 3 months old baby still don't have the ability to flip himself back.

VIP Member

You can try this to keep your baby on his back. Safe T Sleep ® Sleepwrap. sold for $45. http://www.momnbaby.com.sg/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=82

Post reply image

Hi. You may find this article useful: https://sg.theasianparent.com/babies-sleeping-positions

no