Ok to sleep on tummy at night?

Hello! Is it ok for babies to sleep on tummy at night? He has been doing it for a few nights now and every time when we flip him to his back, he wakes up. Understand that there’s a risk of SIDS though ? my LO is 5 months now. Thanks!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

My LO also kept flipping since that age and can only fall asleep on her own that way (she’s sleep trained). We watched her like a hawk at first (and she was always okay.. creating enough space at her nose region to breathe) but afterwards when she was able to push herself up well, we relaxed a bit. We still have the baby monitor on for all naps and sleep though.. to check on her. Her cot is also bare, to reduce the chance of SIDS. There is still always that risk, of course... but I think and hope my LO will be alright

Read more
TapFluencer

there's always risk of SIDS but it seems that's the best way for my LOs to have restful sleep so we always check on them constantly. i recalled there are always people looking at us whenever they see my LOs asleep on their tummies in their strollers.

VIP Member

Mine started sleeping like that too but he seemed fine so we relaxed after a few days.

VIP Member

Not very safe. Lying on back is proven to reduce sids. Can try to swaddle

TapFluencer

Mine sleeps on tummy since he knows how to. Flip

VIP Member

Its ok if your baby is able to lift his head...