How to better decide on hospitals?

Hi mums. Since we all cannot go to hospital tours that usually other pregnant moms will do (when everything was normal), Then how can I decide which hospital to choose? I want to give birth at a private hospital. But can’t really decide where and how to simplify the options. Please enlighten me if you don’t mind. Thanks a lot.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Let me give you my impressions on the 2 hospital tours I went. Mount E Novena is quiet, new and hotel-like. TMC gives me a friendly, fuzzy warm feeling and the hustle-bustle of normal maternity hospital. I was inclining to choose TMC but after comparing prices I went with Novena :D The food at Mount E was delicious I was always looking forward to eat 😬 Nurses were a hit and miss thing but nowhere’s perfect

Read more
4y ago

I saw the pricing for this year. But somehow I find mount E and TMC has a big price gap. Or maybe I haven’t looked into details again. Anyway thanks again for your replies. Means a lot to me 😀

Super Mum

Most of the private hospitals are very nice and comfortable. I would suggest you choose not based on hospital, but based on the gynae, because that person will be seeing you for many month, examining you and also delivering your baby:) Find a gynae you like/can trust and then go to the hospital your gynae is practising in.

Read more
4y ago

Thanks a lot 🙏 I’m still looking for the right gynae at the moment.

First to consider is gynaecologist as he/she cannot go to hospital he/she is not practising. Second is convenient, not too far from your residence. Third is financial. That is what I decided when my wife was pregnant.

4y ago

Yes 😔 hopefully this situation will soon pass. Thanks again 🙏

My gynae delivers in Mount A only, so I went ahead with Mount A. I think the important thing is not about the hospital but more of gynae

If u want to choose both hospital n gynae, I’m afraid decision making will be harder 😛

TapFluencer

First you got to see your gynae some gynae only station at certain hospital. I follow my gynae.

VIP Member

You can go to those mommy forums and go through the reviews. That was what I did(:

4y ago

Thanks a lot. Is the mommy forums also from this app?

VIP Member

I think theres virtual tours too that allows u to see the rooms and stuff.

TapFluencer

Could write in yo enquire

I also went by gynae.