22 Replies

My mum said no using of scissors on the bed as they believe that it will cause cleft lip. No idea how true or where did this come from.. I just followed with the no using on bed... but because my work required some use of scissors so no choice just stand and cut and tried to minimize usage as much as possible... I went for my haircut at 36weeks in prep for delivery

I went to salon for a hair trim in my 1st or 2nd trimester cant remember..for using scissors, at first I avoided as well but felt really retarded as it is hard to not use scissors..I only heard cannot use scissors cut while on bed..so for the rest of the time I need scissors I will use.

Super Mum

I think the superstition was not to use scissors/needle on bed. But no i did not follow any of those, anyway generally i wont use scissors/needle on bed for safety reason. I had my haircut a few weeks before EDD

Only know cannot use scissors on the bed. Or anything sharp on the bed. Other than that, it's safe to use scissors anywhere. I think it's quite impossible to not use scissors throughout your pregnancy.

It’s quite hard not to use scissors.. especially if we wanna open a package.. or even cut food in smaller pieces. Will still go for a hair cut too to keep neat.

No, I never really follow. Been cooking in my second trimester and need to use knife or scissors to cut up veggie and meat. Just don’t cut and sew on bed.

I still use scissors at times - alone at home and I really needed to cut open the packaging for food! Cut my hair during 5 months pregnancy too.

my grandparents say the use scissors ✂️ on bed, no moving of stuff in the room, cut hair i think shld be ok ba thou i haven had my hair cut

VIP Member

Hair cut you can wait after your confinement period as most moms will experience hair loss , so it's a perfect time to get your hair done.

VIP Member

Uhm, doesn’t make sense? But of course, as common sense dictates, use with caution, pregnant or not pregnant.

That’s why it’s called superstition lol

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles