stop working

hi all mummy, when to stop working before edd? 1 week apart from edd?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It all depends on you and how you feel! Some mums work all the way till EDD, others will take 1 or 2 weeks hospitalization leave to rest at home before EDD as they are getting more tired. So if you feel okay and can still go to work, then why not! But it you're feeling more and more tired, can always ask your gynae to give you HL to rest at home. All the best!

Read more
VIP Member

it totally depends on your health... If you are feeling healthy you can work till the last day before delivery... else you can take 1 or 2 weeks in advance... i totally believe if there is no health concern then better save leaves so that you get to spend more time with the baby... you can also try to get wfh for the last few days if your job allows...

Read more
Super Mum

I worked right up till I felt I needed to pamper myself! But remember to listen to your body too. Labour and birth is hard work and your body will thank you for resting some days before you deliver :)

I worked till the last day! You prob would want to conserve your leave..alternatively, you ask for hospitalisation leave nearer your edd

TapFluencer

I worked till the day before my scheduled c section

Super Mum

I'm currently at week 38 and still working.

VIP Member

I worked until the day before delivery.

Super Mum

I worked from home from week 38

thanks for all replies

VIP Member

Stop 1week before edd