Hi mummies Is it true that if we gave more milk for the last feed baby will tends to sleep longer? My 5 months old girl drinks 160 ml day time at night will be 180ml but I don't why this past one month she has been waking up and crying madly took us at least half an hr to calm her down by carrying and patting.she used to wakes up 6-7 am but now 4-5-6 am hourly. How much more can we increase the milk I scared she will be overfeed? Thanks!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It also depends if your baby can drink that much? I don't think babies need to drink at night to survive so if they cry I think it is not so Much of they are hungry in the middle of the night. My gal is 1yo but her last feed is still 150 coz she can't drink more than that. My fren's baby has been drinking close to 300ml at night! That is really like too much imo but her baby can take it

Read more

U can try to give milk but then it sounds like it is due to other causes. Can it be teething or sleep regression? There will be some sleep regression that can happen anytime from 4+ months as babies have more cognitive development too. Baby hard to overfeed but if u force feed then maybe

My baby is drinking 120ml for normal feed (last time 4-5 hrs) but bed time feed is 210ml. He has been on this since like 6+ mth n currently 10 Mths old still same amt

Babies don't really overfeed. They will stop when they are full. She might be waking up due to teething

Or she could be nearing a growth spurt period, more regular feedings and maybe fussiness too

VIP Member

you can try to give more milk probably it's a growth spurt. babies won't overfeed

Read more