Missed Miscarriage

Hi mummies, Has anyone had a missed miscarriage before?? I was pregnant and had my first scan at 8 weeks. Gynea told me fetus looks very small and scheduled for another appointment. On my 2nd appointment, my scan showed an empty womb - no more fetus. Gynea said I had a missed miscarriage. I had no bleeding or cramps, just really mild light brown discharge a few days before. I was shocked of course, cuz I didn’t feel anything. I’m really struggling to accept what has happened. Gynea said there is no reason for what has happened and advised me to rest. I took a pill the following day to “complete” the miscarriage naturally and it was the most horrible day. It has been almost a month but I’m still sad. I don’t have close friends that have went through this. And I haven’t spoken to anyone about this (other than my husband). I need your advices mummies.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, how are you now? Hope you are feeling better now. I had miscarriage at week 5 a month ago. Cried out badly a few days after confirmed the spontaneous miscarriage. Completed my pregnancy diary which I started when I knew I was pregnant. Feeling really difficult to continue the diary but I know I need to, for closure. Yes, I feel better after saying bye to my baby. Move on well and I am doing well right now.. Will consider to plan to conceive soon. As I had spontaneous miscarriage at week 5, so probably baby still have no heartbeat yet and won't feel the pain. I had 1 week of spotting and the gestational sac just passed out during urination.. Didn't think of miscarriage during that time. But confirm miscarriage a week later when I visit my gynae.

Read more
3y ago

Hi Yen, I’m feeling much better :) thank you for your sharing. Hope you’re feeling better too!