6 Replies

Super Mum

Didn’t do any proper confinement or massage. Both my kids and myself are healthy and well. My parents ordered confinement food delivery for me as a gift (lunch and dinner, 28 days) but I ate some other food as well. I took a warm bath every day, went out with baby to the polyclinic and hospital when required (plus downstairs for walks). I breastfed (and am still breastfeeding) so my womb contracted back to normal size within the first 8 weeks, and I’ve lost all the pregnancy weight, and more. The wounds from labour also healed well. Essentially, this is how I feel. You just gave birth, and went through a lot. As much as your baby needs you, you also need to recuperate and heal. If you want to follow all the traditional confinement rules and that helps you, then go ahead. If the confinement rules make you feel even worse (mental/emotional/physical), then just do what helps you. For me, I need proper baths, so I took warm baths. I also cannot just drink tea for 1 month.. so I drank what came with the confinement food, but I drank water too. I don’t have the money to spend on massages, so.. husband helped whenever I needed one 😂 Please also get all the help you need while you’re recovering.. and don’t expect perfection, so that you’re less stressed :) Congratulations on your baby!! ❤️

Thanks! Thats help alot... In times like this, Its stresses me that i might not regain myself back plus i have a bad breakout of hives. I didnt breastfeed but i express milk out due to baby not able to latch properly. (cry out loud coz all this happening to me)

TapFluencer

i tried to follow my confinement nannies' advice each time (especially during the first 28 days), just to be on the side of caution. however, most important not to be stressed. take care💕

TapFluencer

I followed seen my aunt who went through ang moh style and now she's having issue aches everywhere. Its better to listen than regret.

Apparently you need to push back your womb to its original position with the massage. If not your future pregnancy will be “risky”

Yea. I heard about it as well. I hope it not too late if i do the womb massage later once after my hives is gone. 😢

didn't really follow

TapFluencer

I followed haha

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles