Bringing baby for vaccinations

Hi mummies! Do you and your husband take turns to bring baby for vaccinations or will both of you go together? We used to bring our number 1 for vaccinations together but now that we have another baby, husband suggest to take turns to bring baby number 2 for vaccinations as he do not want our first child to go polyclinic as there’s alot of germs in polyclinic. But im so used to going together. Wanna hear from you mums!

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Well, germs are everywhere. Do your part to practice good hygiene and you are good. If you do the vaccinations at polyclinic, you will notice those who are having cough or flu will be given a mask. The first step precaution already taken, the rest is up to ownself. Still, we are individuals with different opinion. If hubby tag along means high chance can go Mcdonalds to have breakfast. If hubby stay home with lo, it allows them to bond together, same goes to you. Its a win win situation. :)

Read more
VIP Member

For 1st, we both go together at private clinic. But for 2nd baby, I go polyclinic myself without my husband's help. In fact, if you got appointment, the waiting time is not long. Finish then go. Some of the vaccination even is free of charge. Save a lot of money too! As for take turn, this you need to learn and used to it... I feel that nothing to worry about and if your baby is hungry, there is a lot of nursing room for you to use as well. I would prefer to go polyclinic.

Read more

I understand, cos nowbyou have two kids, so if im you, i will also take turn. Just to ensure the other child is away from germ free places

VIP Member

I agreed with ur husband. But once awhile, after jab, like to have mini family time outside, i think should be fine (:

Super Mum

He has a point. Unless ur in law can take care of #1 ,then maybe u can go together

Super Mum

Ya. I think what your husband suggested is right. Better to take turns.

Take turns will be better. Polyclinics really does have germs

VIP Member

Hubby and I take turns to bring baby for vaccination

VIP Member

Agree with your husband, takes turn :)

VIP Member

Your husband is not wrong actually (: