C sect procedure

Hi mummies who chose to have elective c sect, able to share experience and how was the whole procedure like? Pain tolerance, catheter and the after feeling of procedure (i heard from some mummies it feeel like ur body is being run over by car 😣😣😣) I’m nervous about it and would like to get as much details as I can before my scheduled date to prepare myself. Any other items I need to prepare to bring to the hospital to help with my recovery as well? thank you in advance!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The procedure itself was very fast. I was wheeled in to OT at abt 2+ and all done by abt 3pm. The only thing I didn't like was the epidural injection as I had to curl up like a ball as much as I cld and cld feel the long needle at the back. But it's sth unavoidable as I wld have taken epi too even for natural as I can't tolerate pain. I'm someone who hates injection so if you're ok with it, epidural injection wldn't be a prob for u. Once the epi kicks in and your legs feel numb, things just fly past by very fast. Just before your gynae cuts u open, ur hubby will be asked to come in (so far I heard only KKH doesn't allow anyone in the OT). Gynae will inform u when he's abt to cut open. At some pt, there'll be another doc who will inform u tt he'll put pressure on ur tummy to push baby down. Soon aft, baby starts crying. It took me awhile to realise I just gave birth 😅 For me the epi caused me to have quite terrible shivers. I didnt feel so cold but shivering badly so, I cldnt breastfeed immediately. My husband had to do skin-skin instead for baby in the nursery. Back in the ward, u'll be told to stay in bed for the next 24 hrs. Catheter didnt feel a thing cz the epi effect is still there. I continued to pop painkillers so my csect wound didnt feel so bad. Honestly, I only feel sleepy and tired frm the constant breastfeeding. The next day, catheter was pulled out and had to go to the toilet. It was v hard for the first few steps but u'll get a hang of it. Just continue to pop painkillers and u'll all be good! By the 4th day when I was discharged, I cld walk to the car myself without any wheelchair albeit at a v slow pace. My wound healed well and the dressing was removed aft a week. My gynae gave me anti-keloid spray and cream so my scar is hardly visible. Honestly, as much as I wld like to try vbac for my next baby, I don't mind gg thru another csect again. For someone who hates pain, csect is not really as painful as what ppl make it out to be.

Read more
3y ago

Hi sorry to interrupt. Hehe. My experience was the same as the writer here. But the only thing is I don't have shivers but my whole body was itchy. Even if you scratch the itch will be there. It lasts for a few hours too.

TapFluencer

Hi 👋🏻 I had elective c sect as I had a large fibroid 9x8cm which causes my boy to be in breech position plus 3 cord around his neck. So eventually my cut was 2x longer than the usual c sect as my fibroid is blocking the way. I had spinal block jab. Anyway, answering ur question, it was a fast procedure. Not pain at all. Honestly breastfeeding and the terrible shivers after delivering is the worst as compared to the c sect part. Coming down from bed wasn’t a problem too. I think it depends on the stitching skill of the gynae too. Things to prepare, nothing much perhaps get a binder for support purposes and after c sect recovery. Can get from the hospital itself, from the guardian. 👍🏻 good luck n smooth delivery!

Read more