D&c procedure

Any did d&c before (for personal reason), how was the pain like after and which clinic did you went to?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I underwent D&C for my missed miscarriage. You’ll be under GA and wont know a thing. The procedure took abt 30 mins then i woke up. After waking up, you’ll be placed under observation. Abt 20 mins after that i had heavy bleeding & you’ll be given a pad. The doctor gave me pain killers after the procedure- i took on the D&C day then thats it. Next 48h i had minimal bleeding. on the 3rd day post D&C the bleeding became heavy (like 2nd to 4th day period flow) but the dr says its normal due to hormonal changes. My bleeding lasted for 1.5 months although doctor said usually ppl bleed for 3-4 weeks.

Read more
1mo ago

I did my D&C in KKH under general anesthesia where i was knocked out completely and woken up by the nurse after the procedure. At the observation ward, i felt totally fine even though i have bleed from the procedure, but i didn't feel any pain at all. When i'm no longer drowsy and off the oxygen tubes, i requested to go out of bed for my toilet break which i could manage perfectly. Nurses kept checking back on me at the observation ward to see if i was experiencing discomfort, but all was good. As i'm a diabetes patient, i was offered a 1 day stay over at the hospital before they discharged me the next morning, I've not taken any painkillers throughout. The bleeding i experienced i would say is slightly lesser than a normal day of menses.