Mummies who are breastfeeding and have clingy babies, how do YOU handle separation anxiety? My husband wants a staycation with me but I cannot bear to leave my 7 year old and my baby who just turned 1. Moreover, I'm still nursing my baby. I can't bear to leave her in the hands of my parents or mum in law. I know it's unhealthy for my marriage. But I have never separated from my baby. She goes wherever I go. What do I do? I'm so confused!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Perhaps its about time to teach her that some people can look after her and not only mummy. My youngest is also the same and I am exclusively breastfeeding her and she would not take the bottle. I try to take it slow. I go out an hour first and stretch it to 2 then eventually 3 hours. And perhaps you can let your parents or in-laws to visit from time to time so your lo can get accustomed to them. Sometimes, it is us who are not willing to let them go. They sense as well that we are not ready. So I guess, you'd have to prepare yourself too and accept the fact that you would have to leave her in the care of other people sooner or later.

Read more

My husband and I went on a movie date instead. Movies don't last very long. 2-3h max? Or you guys could do a lunch/dinner/dessert date? A date that's short. Even a short 15-20 min stroll around the neighbourhood while my LO was being entertained by my in-laws was fun for us. Helped relived some of those couple moments. :) Can your 1yo manage without you for that amount of time?

Read more

It's always good to have some quality time with hubby which many pwople don't. It will not only enhance yr marriage life but you can take this opportunity to share yr thoughts and bond with hubby. Breastfed baby aren't clingy. It's usually mummy that will think they are. Go for a staycation with hubby. Else settle for something near like Movie date or a day at the beach.

Read more

You really need to adjust yourself and give your Husband and yourself a break. It's really nice to have parents or mil to help out while you can have some couple time alone. In order to keep a marriage strong and healthy for the children, Hou would need to learn to love your Husband more. Learn to let go~

Read more