Mummies, what are some of the concerns you have when planning a family trip to Disneyland with a 5yo and a 2yo?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've been to Disneyworld Orlando and Disneyland LA 1. If you can, try to avoid peak traffic days - there are websites that will tell you which days and weeks to avoid. On the flip side, they do have some special celebration days which some people might aim to attend - like star wars weekend, halloween 2. Stay at a Disney hotel with good transport connections. Some Disney hotels are more kid / fun oriented than others but all are pretty child friendly 3. Get to know which park you want to go to and which rides / shows you want to experience well before you get there. You may want to make some reservations before you even get there. But be a little flexible. Many rides have a kid swap area where one parent can ride while the other watches the kids, and then when they get off the other parent can get on without having to go through the whole line again. We also sometimes split up - my older one likes roller coasters, my younger one prefers shows. So I sent my husband on the roller coasters and we would meet up later at a designated spot. 4. Don't over schedule yourself - there are some websites out there that provide recommended itineraries for groups of different age groups - with toddlers you may want to break up the day with a nap. 5. Get a double stroller. If the five year old walks, the empty seat can be used to carry your stuff. 6. Make sure to be prepared for a rainy day plan. Since it was summer for us, we just used ponchos but we did switch our schedule to do more indoor stuff.

Read more

If you're talking about Disneyland in the US, the first thing of concern to me would be the long flight! I would opt to take them to Disneyland in Hong Kong instead. I would plan for these things so that they won't be matters of concern to me once we are on holiday! Here's my list: #1: Stay on-site at a Disneyland resort #2: Bring extra snacks and water #3: Use the FASTPASS system #4: Look for age-appropriate rides #5: Bring sunblock, good walking shoes and extra clothes for princesses/princes :) Have a fabulous trip and take lots of pictures. You can help your 5-year-old start his own scrapbook too! I do that with my kids, and we not only have a bagful of memories now, but they also feel important that they were able to craft something on their 'own'.

Read more

Some of my concerns would be: 1. Would there be enough rides for the 2 yo to enjoy 2. Where would we stay. It needs to be at close proximity to the park or we will be wasting a lot of time travelling 3. The would the place we're staying be child-friendly/ i.e would they have child friendly meals, an in-room menu, child friendly amenities etc. 4. The day or two itself at Disneyland would need to be meticulously planned. It'll help to get hold of the map ahead of time and plan what time you will start and what rides can be done 5. I would by the fast pass so we don't have to stand in queue with a wailing child.

Read more

I went with 2yo and 5yo kids to Hong Kong Disneyland in March this year. I recommend you to book hotels in Disneyland, either Disneyland hotel or Hollywood. Also, stay 2 nights will be better as you can explore Disneyland slowly and no need to rush around. The only concern is the price of the food in hotels and in Disneyland. You can rent push cart for your kids in Disneyland so you can choose not to bring stroller, for me I still bring one stroller for my 2yo boy to nap.

Read more

oh yes - there are many youtube videos of people at disneyworld - you can prepare your five year old in advance and get them all excited about what they will see and experience. The buildup to the trip was part of the fun and knowing what they were looking forward to doing helped us to tide over some cranky moments in queue

Read more