New Zealand for holidays

Hi! We are planning for a family trip to New Zealand with my LO next year in March and by then LO will be 1year old . Just wondering any of u experienced bringing 1 year old to NZ? What are the things we need to prepare and look out for? Thank you in advance !

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Wah! Sounds fun! 10 hours with a toddler. Hmm. It can be done pretty smoothly if you are well prepared. Easy activities that will distract lo, these are moments I would also be lax about screen time and snacks! + choose seats that give you the most space to move around. Some parents book an extra seat. Some parents choose 1 business class seat, 1 economy and split themselves up so that there will be 1 awake parent and 1 fully rested one. + Take turns carrying if need be, sometimes, they just need to be comforted as plane ride is a restless activity even for adults. + Get lo used to long rides, start with a weekend trip M'sia by train? + Be nice to other people but ignore them if they give loud sighs or roll their eyes down the aisle. They. Don't. Know. Here are more tips on https://sg.theasianparent.com/travelling-by-plane-with-your-child/ Enjoy NZ!

Read more

I brought mine to HK, Perth and Port Dickson. I brought my own electric lunchbox to cook food for my toddler since I'm quite on the ball for no salt no sugar no oil no artificial flavourings foods. We chose suites or apartment hotels so that we can cook after tours in the daytime. NZ has very fresh groceries and cooking there actually brings on new experiences and enjoyment of fresh products at a lower cost compared to SG. I love love their supermarkets.

Read more