Sending Lo To Infantcare (PCF)

Hi mummies that put your kids in IFC, what questions do you ask them or look out for during the center visit? I will be sending her to PCF as easy for my in laws to fetch if we late. Any mummies got any feedback on how's pcf? Generally I just see that the environment is bright, airy and clean. And observe how the teachers handle the kids and ask how's the teacher child ratio and no. of kids now. But there's no way to really know whether the teachers will really attend to the kids when they cry or how long they let them cry for? Quite worried as will be sending my LO when she's only 3 mths ? and she requires fair bit of carrying rocking and patting with pacifier to sleep and awakes from her nap v easily n needs to be put back to bed again. Moreover we always pick her up and don't let her cry for long. Also I plan to give ebm for feeding with fm topup, any advice? Must I give in form of 1 bottle every feed and just leave a tin of fm there?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Just sharing my personal experience with PCF but each centre is different since the principal & teachers are all different. During the first 2 days sit in, try to distant yourself and just watch how the teachers take care of the baby. For me, my baby was so clingy and didn't want the teachers to carry so I ended up taking care of her instead of the teachers. I think 3 months is a good time to send to ifc as baby doesn't have stranger anxiety yet and can get used to the teachers easily. If the baby cries, teachers will try to console them since it's disruptive for other babies/kids as well, but you can ask how they handle babies crying. For the milk, I just bring the frozen milk packets, they will store in freezer and thaw when they need to feed baby. For formula milk I bring these powder dispenser with multiple compartments and just store one bottle worth of powder in each. If there are many babies, teachers will usually prioritise the smaller ones so don't worry too much! Hope this helps.

Read more
4y ago

Oh I didn't know they allow sit in. Is it only for 2 days? How old was ur lo when u sent in?

Super Mum

Following