Constipation relief for babies

Hi mummies, can you share what are the constipation remedies that you give your babies? My girl has been having constipation often since she started on solids. And she dislikes drinking water.

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I tried prunes, changing her milk, rehydrated her more.. nagbago nung nagpalit sya ng edad. (1-3yo lagi sya constipated, nung 4 na hindi na.. nahiyang din yata sa new milk nya). If more than 3 days na sya naconstipate noon at hirap na talaga, suppository na kami

TapFluencer

If she has just started on solids, remember that milk should still be taken in. Therefore make sure your girl is taking enough liquids. You can also make their food a little more watery than normal until the constipation clears.

VIP Member

mine used to keep having constipation issues too! prune juice helps and I heard that banana causes constipation so I cut down on that.

VIP Member

Try to give food more on fiber. Try to lessen those starchy food. give vegetable purée 😉 oats, fruits purée..

VIP Member

i dilute apple juice and gave her to sip on her own... withing hour she gave me wet stools 😂😂😂

try to puree apple and give to the baby,its work on my dd. oh ya ,prunes also helps with constipation.

Hi water is actually the best. Otherwise u can try supplementing with probiotics.

VIP Member

Sweet potato works for my LO . We also give her yogurt and drink plenty of water

TapFluencer

Fruits, about 10-20ml of water after solids, gripe water, tummy massage.

VIP Member

- mashed 2 to 3 teaspoon of papaya - mashed 2 to 3 teaspoon of banana