Just turn 13 weeks and started my first day for obimin n fish oil

Hi Mummies, really need ure opinion honestly i cnt swallow pills.Fear n trauma to eat pills. Always playing in my mind i will get choke😖.eating folid acid taking me alot of water to swallow it in. Any other alternatives mummies..H E L P.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same here!! i have problem swallowing the fish oil pill everyday coz it smells awful and i have phobia taking it. It makes me wanna vomit or gag.It could take me an hr to swallow the pill! 😢 Im still finding ways to make myself easy to swallow so what i did just now was follow the link here https://www.umc.edu/Healthcare/ENT/Patient-Handouts/Adult/Speech-Language-Pathology/Swallowing/Pill-Tips.html the pop bottle and lean forward method, but dont use soda water to eat yr pill though. I fill a bottle with water that has small opening, drink lots of water, lean forward and tilt yr head slightly. Imagine you are drinking your favourite drink, it helps, i swallowed it immediately so Good Luck hope it helps!! 😊

Read more

i even forget to eat medication throughout pregnancy, i always skip 1 day 2 day . but still need to eat the folic acid , just bite into small pieces then you telan la simple like when you eat biscuit .. i still have alot of obimin though, good for during pregnancy n breastfeeding 2in1. especially fish oil is very good for babies brain development . when you have alot of water in your mouth it makes easier to swallow / try push the pill near back of mouth makes it so much easier .

Read more
TapFluencer

I didn't take any pills during my 2nd pregnancy. I drink milk (for pregnant mums) instead and get my nutrients from food and plan out healthy meals. It's fine, really. Pills and fish oil is not compulsory as long u eat healthy and plan your meals well to replace them in your diet.

I used to take with drinks like instant oats/cereals where they already have sediments inside to psycho myself that it is part of the drink. Else, I took heavier drinks like milk/oat milk so that the taste overtakes the aftertaste of the pill.

I have friends dun take any supplements during their whole pregnancy. Instead they eat well and its still good. You can choose those fruits that have high folic for replacement ... And you can have milk powder for mum. Taste good too.

Hi! Me too couldn’t swallow pill. But wht i did was, drink a lil bit but didnt swallow , den put in the pill in while dongak, swallow it together with the water. And drink more water after that.

Same here👐🏻 Will took me 15 mins for each and every pills to swallow them. So stress look at those pills. Good luck Mummy. (:

VIP Member

maybe you can try dissolving it into water!

There is prenatal gummies called OLLY

prenatal gummies