Vitamin and fish oil

Hii, the doctor gave me vitamins and fish oil to start eating at 12weeks, now im 15weeks but i still havent started eating the pills yet because i really cant swallow pills. Any one know other options to take the vitamins or fish oil? Or if there's like gummy form or anything easier to eat? 😭

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can go iHerb and search. My gynae say as long as it states pre natal should be ok. I am currently taking my pre natal from iHerb so she didn’t even prescribe me any vitamins and told me to just continue with what I am taking. There are some brands which have mini caps for fish oil. I too have a tough time swallowing pills. But you will get use to it over time, now I still struggle but at least I can swallow it after trying a few times😅

Read more

I cannot swallow pills as well but I have requested for a smaller fish oil from the pharmacist! If the vitamins pills are too big, I will use a pill cutter to make it smaller and easier for me to swallow. Also, I consume maternal formula milk to ensure I am taking in nutrients I might be missing out. I forced myself to swallow for the sake for baby’s health :’) let’s Jia you! It’s very important to take the vitamins and fish oil.

Read more
4mo ago

Yes! I tried my luck by asking the pharmacist if there is any smaller fish oil because I really cannot swallow pills. She said there is, but the fish oil is in vegetarian if I don’t mind. Most mommies who can’t swallow pills are okay with this size. So I took and tried. It’s indeed better for me 🥲