Fish oil and obimin multi vitamins

Any mummies during pregnancy didn't't take both fish oil and the vitamin during the whole pregnancy? Im 16 weeks pregnant up till now i haven't managed to eat my fish oil, i only ate one vitamin once thats all... i know i have to take it but i cant swallow pills 😭😭 especially the fish oil.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

An acquaintance did not take any of the prescribed pills throughout her pregnancy, her boy is still very healthy. I’m currently 17+ weeks pregnant, I don’t take my pills diligently too. Maybe once or twice a week max😂 but that’s my own belief, I don’t like having all these man made stuff in my body, I prefer taking through food. Like another mummy said, don’t let social norms get to you, don’t think too much. It’s much more important to keep a healthy mind. As long as you are eating right, a wide variety of food, all these supplements are just extras. Our parents generation never had all these stuff and we generally turned out fine didn’t we?

Read more

me too! I didn't take any cause I can't swallow pills, and the size of all these pre natal supplements is damn huge. I replaced it with more fruits and veggies. I also took the kids' version of fish liver oil. Well, I mean, my mom didn't take these while she's pregnant with all her kids, so I think it shouldn't be a problem. Just be more mindful of what you eat. Everything in moderation will do!!! Don't let social practice/norms get to you!

Read more

It would be better to take fish oil and multi vitamins throughout this pregnancy! I can’t swallow pills as well but I am doing it for the sake of baby’s health 🥲 You can try mini soft gel fish oil instead! It’s easier to swallow thou it might take some time at the start. Whereas for multi vitamins, I use a pill cutter to make it smaller and easier to swallow. You will slowly get the hang of it once you do it daily! Jia you mommy!

Read more

I have problems with the fish oil too :( the taste is terrible. but for both I try to down it with ribena just to reduce the taste