Mummies pls advice me. I am relli veri depressed. I had a shortgun marriage. Kena pregnant before I marry hubby. I was thinking to abort or maybe have the baby but without him, but he convince me to get married cause he both love me and the baby. But the other day I was on his Facebook and I saw his message to his old fren where he say that I was pregnant, so marry me, bo pian. He say he actually want to oredi break up, but I got pregnant. So he just do the right thing. I am very hurt, because I never force him and he was the one kept bugging me to get married. I feel like just throw the divorce paper on his face. Any advice?

39 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

As a single mum myself, I've seen so many people getting married because they think it's the "responsible thing" to do - that once a girl is pregnant they have to get married for "the sake of the child". My advice is to talk it out with your husband, find out what the both of you really want in this marriage. Is it a bond just over responsibility? Or is it a bond out of love for each other and your coming newborn? Many people get stuck in marriages because they think they have to give a child a "complete" family. While I do wish I had one for my son, his father told me to abort because he "didn't want to ruin his future" so ... we don't need mem like that. What I'm trying to say is, talking to each other is the best way to sort things out - now and forever - because there's gonna be a whole lot more things you'd worry about when baby comes. If you feel that splitting up is the best decision, go ahead. Being a good parent doesn't mean you have to have a mother and father in a family, it just means you have to have the responsibility to bring your child up well - and teach the right values. Another way to look at it would be from this perspective. If he really doesn't feel the love and commitment to you, what stops him from going out to party or meet other girls while you're home with your child? By that time, all the arguments, quarrels etc would cause so much more hurt to you and your child. If you foresee this happening, please find a way out before your child grows up in an environment where Mummy and Daddy are constantly fighting.

Read more